An interactive experience for visitors and an online platform for galleries
ArtBo | Bogotá International Art Fair is one of the creative industry platforms of the Bogotá Chamber of Commerce (CCB). Since 2004, has been a showcase of visual arts in Colombia and has become a key player in business relations seeking to promote art and culture in Latin America.
Every year, ArtBo opens a national and international call for galleries, curators, artists, collectors. Through a careful selection of works and activities, the project encourages cultural exchange to promote the art scene.
ArtBo took on the challenge of digitally transforming one of the most important platforms for cultural exchange in Latin America by offering an interactive digital experience and ensuring version 16 of the fair.
With the physical spaces closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency, Artbo decided to move its stages to a digital environment to show the artistic offerings of 30 galleries, 189 artists, and over 280 works.
“The challenge was presenting the tours, galleries, artists, and works through the web, so people could access them from their mobile devices and enjoy the ArtBo experience from home,” says Luis Alejandro Pava, Web Chief of Corporate Affairs at CCB.
- Development of independent platforms for ArtBo Season and ArtBo Weekend in two months.
- Responsive, mobile-first design.
- Image download optimization via CDN (content delivery network) to enrich the user experience. Every work has a detailed view that loads in 600 milliseconds. This includes the possibility of appreciating the physical size of each work through a “view to scale” functionality.
- Creation of various search categories: price, technique, gallery, artist, and keyword.
- Displaying information about galleries, artists, and selected works thanks to the integration with the information collection engine used for calls, which was created as a separate project by Aplyca.
- Incorporation of audio guides in the galleries’ profiles, with detailed information about the artists and their works.
- Creation of the fair’s digital memory, maintaining a repository of the different versions of ArtBo.
- Ibexa DxP - Digital Experience Platform
- VueJS for the works search engine and detail view
- Form.io platform, managed through Node.js
We provided an effective solution to the challenge of creating a digital platform for ArtBo 2020.
Between July 14 and December 9, 2020, the ArtBo portals reported:
+ 61,200 users
+ 92,900 sessions
+ 252,700 page views
ArtBo has an online platform for galleries to share their content and extend the reach of their audiences. According to Luis Alejandro Pava, the web version of ArtBo “promotes cultural spaces, artists, and collections through a digital medium that extends the reach of the art industry.”